I'm going to do something rarely, if ever, do on the blog; I'm going to have a rant.
Now that you're duly warned, I'll begin.
I'm on a 'get fit and healthy' kick at the moment and have started regular exercise classes. I'm quite new to this particular class but I danced more than once a week from about the age of 4, so I'm far from a novice. There are always other people in the class who don't take it as seriously, or who are at a different level. That would be me in a proper dance class, so this is not aimed at those. It might be easier if I just get it out...
- Yes, I may be a little smelly...it's an exercise class for **** sake. If I do smell (and I'm still not convinced that it was me) it's becasue I'm working hard and sweating and not because I reek of cigarette smoke. Check yourself before you drop snide little comments to your mate.
- You're new and the instructor is demonstrating a step, so shut the hell up and pay attention.
- On that note, if you can talk to each other during the whole routine you're not working hard enough. Why even bother?
- There's a reason that a group of dancers doing the same routine are all on the same leg and facing the same direction...if you aren't you'll hit one another.
- And am I the only one checking that I'm not kicking the people around me?
- No, there isn't enough room for all of us to do the side to side moves as big as we'd like. Do it on the spot and stop drawing me dirty looks. I'm getting less of a workout because there's too many of us for the size of the hall...deal with it.