Monday 14 February 2011

Blogoversary

Jules
This is a bit of a blogoversary-valentines-spread the love kind of post. Jules from Trying to Get Over the Rainbow created this little love heart to say 'thank you' to her followers, without requiring any link backs to her blog. Of course, lots of people have linked back to her anyway but I thought this captured the spirit of both Valentines Day and the whole blogging community. I've been blogging for over a year now, and I still can't really believe that anyone is actually reading my blog and thinks what I have to say about the whole life-and-writing thing is interesting, but you're out there. So this is my big thank you to all of you who read and comment on my blog.

Also, check out the fabulous Crusade badge up there to the left, and the competition section to the right. I was complimented on the 'new look' of the blog today and it is looking rather snazzy, if I do say so myself.

And just to confirm everything I've been saying about blogging since the first Crusade, Heathfield Primary School were on the news this morning discussing their innovative use of blogging to get their pupils engaged in writing. Not only has this gotten the previously uninterested boys in the school writing 5,000+ words on a regular basis, higher than average literacy score have gone up from 7% to 63%. I also met up with a friend who is a primary school teacher and he was in the process of making a blog for his class (hi Mark), so it looks like its catching on north of the border as well.

Happy Blogging everyone!







Kar x

12 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary and I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance :). By the way...that's a nice pair of lips. Did you do that with photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Pleased to meet you, too.

    I must confess that those lips do not belong to me and the image was on my computer at work, so I unfortunately have no idea where it came from. I suspect it was pilfered from the net, but I have no proof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary! I don't know how we lived without blogger, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool about the tests!
    Stopping by to introduce myself as a new follower and fellow crusader. Did you find out what group you're in yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello fellow crusader! Yes, that crusader badge is rather snazzy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kar,

    Nice to meet you...

    Hopping over from the crusade list to introduce myself and follow.

    The first challenge is up!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, buddy crusader! I'm making the rounds today and checking out your blog. Nice to meet you, and Happy Friday! :)

    Artzicarol Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though this is the first post that I've read of yours and it's no longer valentine's day...Thank You! How nice. :-)

    <3 Gina Blechman (fellow crusader)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fellow crusader and new follower. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogoversary! I'm a crusader making the rounds and I like your new digs. I've just redesigned mine, too. Everything gets stale after a while. See you around

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogoversary fellow crusader!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fellow crusader popping in to say hi. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete