Thursday 10 February 2011

Holy Potatoes, Batman! (or Crusade Mark II)

Ok, so I'm running out of quirky titles for the blog posts, but in my defence I need to get this post up so that I can sign up for the Second Writers Platform Building Crusade with Rach over at Rach Writes... and get on with my amazing, fantabulous Blogoversary COMPETITION! Besides,
Crusdade-->Holy-->Batman...not too much of a leap, is it?

I was late to the party for the first Crusade and I missed the first challenge, but I'm definitley hopping on board from the start for Rach's second crusde, and you should too. Its a great wy to meet new bloggers and this time round Rach is sorting us all into groups so that it's  bit easier to keep on top of the Crusading and, more importantly, we get intouch with other writers with a similar style or genre.

I can unequivocally say that my writing has improved in volume and regularity since joing the first Crusdae and being introduced to some wonderful fellow bloggers who write engaging posts and aske me questions about my writing, either directly or indirectly, which have really motivted me.

So sign up here and come Crusading!

14 comments:

  1. Hey there crusader! Luv the blog name (I owned a ton of barbies as a kid too. I only wished I owned her dream house--dang it).

    Oh my heck, I just looked at your side bar---right over there---> and saw "I Heart Monster" Zombie Apocalype. I must check that out (check out my site and you'll quickly see why. I promise I'm not weird. Okay, maybe a little weird).

    AND, I have to steal you picture of Einstein up above. It's too good not. Sorry. I hope that's okay. If not, let me know and I will think about giving it back :)

    See ya around. I'll be back *insert Terminator voice here*

    www.whimsywritingandreading.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some ideas for blog titles. How about A, B, C, D, E, and so on to the letter Z?
    Blogging from A to Z is not that much of a stretch to combine with the Crusade. The two fit hand in hand so I invite you to consider the Challenge. Check it out.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kar, nice to meet you! I'm a fellow Crusader :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fellow crusader. Nice to meet you. I stopped at a M.A. in literature ... reading that you're working on your Ph.D. makes me a little wistful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropping by to say "hey" to a fellow crusader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, my fellow Crusader. Just thought I'd drop in to say hello. I absolutely LOVE the title of your blog, by the way. :) I signed up to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously love the title of your blog! I laughed out loud when I read it! I just wanted to pop over and say hello to a fellow crusader! Looking forward to getting to know you better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to everyone who's stopped by from the Crusade. I'm working on popping round your blogs to sy 'hi', but there are so many of you now it might take ma some time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Angela Scott: Hey there yourself. I Heart Monters is a fab blog, one of my favourites an she has a fabulous discussion post going at the moment.

    We are all a little weird, and I think the pic looks great on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Arlee Bird: Thanks for the tip and for stopping by. I've seen the A-Z Challenege around and wasn't going to do it along side the Crusade as I have a few draft posts waiting to go, but now I've been challanged I'll have to consider it again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Michelle Merrill: Nice to meet you too, Crusader x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Catherine Ensley: Hi there! It's taken me two years to get from MLitt to PhD and I'm loving it, but studying's not as easy as I remember it being. They say hindsight is 20/20, but I'm not so sure.

    If you're really in the mood for more studying, you should check out the Open University. They do focused, part time modules that you work on in your own time. It's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Kristal Lee: "Hey" to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kar, so glad you've come back on board for the Second Crusade! It's shaping up to be made of awesome already, with so many great people taking part :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete